Friday 7 October 2016

Blog Reflection- Week 4


The key concept I have been focusing on this week is audience. I began to look closely at  my target audience and their preferences in order to begin piecing together the plans for my music video production.


First I began with a research plan which would contain the basic outline of how I would research my target audience- I decided on making a vox pop video and a simple survey which allowed me to have both face-to-face interviews with various members of my target audience, as well as a collection of written data about how they watch their music videos and their favourite genres etc. I think using these methods are quite useful as they give me an insight into how I could engage my target audience with the music video and make them feel somehow included in it. I also created a vox pop last year and I see a lot of people do it on TV, so it won't be very difficult to do.


Also, we were given SWOT analysis sheets (-Strengths, -Weaknesses- Opportunities, -Threats). This helped me to see how I could incorporate the good ideas together, or how I could improve an idea that didn't seem very clear.

The main theories I think I am going to be focusing closely on are Todorov and Propp Theory. In Clean Bandit's Rockabye, the artists use a lot of Propp's Theory and narrative elements, such as in media res and poetic justice. Also, as Rockabye is a very similar genre to what my music video will be, I have decided to incorporate some elements from that, while still keeping my main focus on Ellie Goulding's representations.

No comments:

Post a Comment